Friday, June 10, 2011

Zhel Guiral



          Ms. Zhel Guiral, also known as Ate Zhel, is a widely known cosplayer born in Davao. It wasn't really easy to match her time with me but I got to find time to interview her as a cosplayer. Here are few questions that I have asked her and the answers she has given me during our interview.










Q.) What was your first cosplay and when was it?
A.) Kagura Sohma (fruits basket) 2007 ata yun XD


Q.)Who introduced you to the world of cosplay?
A.)My friend back in college encouraged me to joing her do cosplay and I really had fun doing          it so, it eventually became my hobby and passion.



Q.)How did you feel when you had your first cosplay?
A.)Embarrassing at first ..but I did enjoy it ^^

Q.)How do you feel now as a cosplayer widely known around the world of cosplayers?
A.)I sometimes feel overwhelmed and happy that people get to appreciate my cosplays~ but then again I don't think too much about it because  I'm pretty much ordinary without my costume and the like

Q.)How much do you plan to cosplay? like any time period
A.)I haven't thought of a time period for now sine I believe that cosplay doesn't really pick an age. I may stop cosplay for now and probabaly come back a few months or years after..It depends ^^

Q.)Do you love cosplay? If yes how much? If no how come?
A.)Yes~ of course~ i wouldn't do this if i didn't. I love it as much as I love my hobby in painting or drawing.

Q.)Could you define cosplay in your own words
A.)Cosplay is a time wherein you can show your capabilities as an artist. It is not only an expression of oneself but an impression(overall effect of something) of you as a person. Cosplay is a time wherein you can set yourself free if done with true intent and passion.

It was an honor to interview Ms. Zhel. Thank you for your time.






No comments:

Post a Comment